Beauty trends keep evolving with the ever changing dynamics of modern world. Everyone would agree with this fact that true beauty comes from within. Inner beauty counts, of course but the point here is that beauty is achieved from within your body, through your skin. Skin is the human canvas which needs to be crystal clear of any impurities to bring forth the true picture of beauty. In simple words, your skin is your beauty source. Keep it healthy and you get beauty in its true form.
Skincare regime is the key to achieve that and it is a quite simple routine to follow. Basic steps follows as: cleansing, toning, exfoliating, moisturising. There are other steps which can be added in order to target specific skin issues. Using face serum is one of those. Don’t know about it? This blog will help you to upgrade your skincare routine with face serum.
Check out this blog for basic skincare routine “Everything you should know about basic skincare routine”
What are face serums?
Face serums are powerful concentrates of adequately formulated active ingredients such as Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid, that are meant to correct specific skincare issues such as dark spots, wrinkles. Serums have similar properties to that of moisturizers but are lightweight and thinner than moisturizers.
Face serums are available in various forms. Serums are based on cream, oil, gel and water forms as per various skin types.
- Aloe Vera extract
- Basil Oil
- Berries extract
- Essential Oils
- Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin
- Ginger Oil
- Grape Fruit Extract
- Grape seed extract
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Mandarin Oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Pomegranate extract
- Potassium Sorbate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Sodium Gluconate
- Vitamin A, B3, C ,E
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Witch Hazel Extract
- Xanthan gum
Benefits of face serum
Face serum are used to treat specific skin concerns and help to attain healthy and youthful skin. Face serums deliver many benefits:
- Helps to stimulate cell renewal and brighten dull looking skin.
- Reduces inflammation, dryness and redness of skin.
- Hydrates skin and helps to reduce premature signs of aging, fine lines, wrinkles.
- Boosts collagen production which rejuvenates skin cells.
- Vitamins present in serums make skin firmer and healthier looking.
- Reduces acne, blemishes, brightens skin.
- Reduces size of skin pores and gets rid of blackheads.
- Gives skin smooth and youthful appearance.
- Reduces hyper pigmentation, tan, freckles, dark spots, sun damage.
- Helps to reduce appearance of dark circles and under eye circles.
Although some serums are formulated to treat multiple skin issues and are heavily popular for their benefits. Face serums such as ALPHA CHOICE Retinol face serum and ALPHA CHOICE Vitamin C Serum are great products for rectifying fine lines, ageing spots, hyper pigmentation, tan, uneven skin tone, blemishes and other skin problems.
How to use
Face serum should be used to address specific skin concerns such as acne, sunspots, blemishes, hyper pigmentation, dark circles, wrinkles, and many others. You should know what type of face serum you want to use based on the purpose of application.
Preps to be done before application:
Cleanse your face with a face cleanser that is suitable to your age and skin type. It is very important that you keep your skin dirt-free and clean before applying serum. You can also choose a cleanser that will rectify similar skin issues that your serum is also meant to do. For example, choose a water-based cleanser to go with serum for fine lines and wrinkles. Use oil-based cleanser with complex serum applications.
- Apply your chosen serum in little amount over affected area.
- Gently massage your skin until the formula gets completely absorbed (for about 60 seconds).
- Apply a moisturiser suitable to your skin type to lock the serum in, follow it up with a strong sunscreen of SPF 30 and above.
- Always apply serum before applying your makeup.
- Use once or twice a day as per your skin type.
Face serums are 100% safe to use but it’s always better to always do a patch test before using. They are powerful skincare agents that are very effective to treat skin concerns.
Follow these links for ALPHA CHOICE face serum products below:
One thought on “Best Guide on Face Serums and their Benefits”
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.